A frequent problem faced by LG TV users is getting trapped in demo mode without access to a remote. This situation hampers your ability to fully utilize the TV’s features and restricts your access to desired settings, depriving you of an optimal viewing experience.
If your LG TV is stuck in ‘demo’ or ‘store’ mode and you can’t find or don’t seem to have a remote control, then you may feel pretty stumped. But, there’s no need to worry as we go through, step-by-step, how to get this issue resolved.
In this article, we will show you what to do when your LG TV is stuck in demo mode, even in cases where a remote is not readily available. Let us delve into the topic and examine how to remove your LG TV from demo mode and restore it to its regular functioning state.
LG TV stuck in demo mode but no remote
There’s nothing worse than attempting to use your TV to find that it’s stuck in demo mode. By following the steps below, you should find yourself faced with a fully functioning telly – even if you don’t have a remote control.
First and foremost, always attempt a ‘hard reset’ of your TV. This means turning the TV off, waiting around five minutes, then turning everything back on.
If you’re still stuck in demo mode on turning your TV back on. Then please run through the following steps:
- Locate the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button on the back or side of your television.
- Long-press this button on the TV for around 20 seconds.
- Now, a message should appear reading: “Demo mode: Off”.
If you’re struggling to turn off demo mode without a remote control, you can always purchase a universal remote control online from stores such as Amazon for around £20.
LG smart tv stuck in-store demo mode
If you do have a remote control, then that makes things a little easier. Please follow the steps below to get out of store mode using the remote.
- Using the remote control, press the ‘Home’ button.
- Click ‘option’ > ‘mode setting’ > ‘home use’.
For anyone with a WebOS LG TV, please use the following steps:
- ‘Settings’ > ‘more settings’ > ‘general’ > scroll down to ‘home/store mode’ and select ‘home mode’.
My LG TV keeps reverting to store mode
If you managed to get out of ‘store’ or ‘demo’ mode but your TV keeps reverting back, please follow the next steps to correct the issue.
Firstly, try hard resetting the whole home entertainment system.
- Unplug the TV and any other devices connected to the TV from the mains.
- Unplug any extra devices such as a games console or Digi Box from the TV.
- Wait around five minutes before plugging just the TV in again.
- Now, once you turn on the TV it should have reset.
Try the above steps including holding down the ‘exit’ button on your remote control and selecting ‘home use’.