If your Sky Q mini box is reading ‘programme unavailable’ then do not despair. Whilst this is a frustrating issue among Sky Q customers, there is an easy fix!
Sky Q is the latest family of devices available with the Sky TV package. With the introduction of Ultra HD, multi-room viewing and increased memory for your favourite recordings, there is a lot to be said for the Sky Q system.
However, whilst there are many benefits to Sky Q, there are a few errors that keep cropping up among Sky users.
Luckily, these errors don’t have to spoil your viewings experience and once you know how to fix them – they’ll no longer stand in the way of you enjoying the Sky Q experience.
Let’s take a look at what you can do if your Sky Q mini box reads, ‘programme unavailable’.
How to Fix Sky Q Mini Box: ‘Programme Unavailable’
If your Sky Q mini box is reading ‘programme unavailable’, you should first check that the issue isn’t with the broadcaster.
To do this, try searching for another channel or pressing ‘101’.
If the fault is with all channels you are trying to access, try restarting your Sky Q box and mini boxes:
- First, turn off your Sky Q mini box at the remote control and at the mains.
- Next, turn off your main Sky Q box. On your Sky Q remote, press ‘Standby’ and switch off your Sky Q box remote at the power.
- Wait for several minutes.
- Turn your Sky Q box back on at the mains and follow the setup instructions.
- Switch your Sky Q mini box back on and navigate to the required channel.
It might take up to five minutes for your Sky Q box to reboot and for some channels and features to return.
If you’re still seeing ‘programme unavailable’ on your Sky Q mini box, then you might need to update the software on your Sky Q box.
Sky Q Box: How to Check for Software Updates
If you are coming up against errors when using your main Sky Q box or Sky Q mini box, it might be due to the software on your device.
For Sky Q boxes to function without risk of error, they need the latest software installed.
Let’s look at how to check which version you have installed on your Sky Q box:
- On your main Sky Q box, press ‘Home’ on your remote control.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ and ‘System info’.
- Next, go to ‘Software Version’, then ‘Setup’.
- If you need to upgrade your software, you’ll see ‘Software Download’.
- Select this option and let the download complete. Do not turn off your Sky Q box during the update.
- Once your Sky Q box reads ‘Software Download Complete’, press ‘Standby’ on your remote so that the device can complete the installation.
- The box will restart and give you instructions to follow on-screen.
You can then turn on your Sky Q mini box and check whether your channel is available.
Still seeing an error message? Try resetting your Sky Q box settings.
Reset Sky Q Box Settings
To reset the settings on your main Sky Q box, use the following steps:
Resetting your Sky Q box settings will reset your personalised settings. This includes picture resolution, accessibility settings and standby settings.
You will also need to pair your remote control and Sky Q box after completing these instructions.
- On your Sky Q remote go to ‘Home’.
- Hover over ‘Settings’ without clicking.
- Press ‘0 0 1’, then ‘Select’.
- Select ‘Reset’, and then ‘Reset Settings’.
- Once you confirm, follow the on-screen instructions, and then press ‘Standby’ on your Sky Q box device.
How to Avoid Sky Q Mini Box Errors
As with any form of technology with a wide range of features, the Sky Q devices are prone to issues.
Try to complete software updates on your main Sky Q box as soon as possible, this will keep your Sky Q system running efficiently. It will also minimise the risk of these errors occurring in the future.
If you’re still having issues with your Sky Q box, you can get in touch with the Digi Helpdesk team who will be happy to help.