Do you want to know how to clear Bluetooth Cache on your OnePlus 6 smartphone? We’re going to look at how to clear the cache on OnePlus 6, 6T and other popular OnePlus models.
Originally released in 2014, OnePlus smartphones are now known for their affordability, performance and more importantly, reliability among leading smartphones.
OnePlus is also an Android smartphone, which makes it a popular choice for those that prefer the Android setup and inner workings. It also gives it an edge due to its lower price bracket, particularly in comparison to more expensive Android devices such as Samsung and Google.
The only issue with some of the OnePlus models – including the 6 and 6T – is trouble with the Bluetooth connectivity. Users are reporting that they occasionally struggle to connect to Bluetooth – which can be frustrating when using devices such as Alexa, Sonos and wireless speakers.
Fortunately, this can be resolved by clearing the Bluetooth Cache on OnePlus 6 and 6T models.
So, let’s look at how to clear Bluetooth Cache on your OnePlus smartphone, so you can get connected once again.
Clear Bluetooth Cache on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
If you have an OnePlus Android smartphone, you may have noticed occasional Bluetooth connectivity issues with your smartphone.
This is a common issue among OnePlus mobile users, but luckily it can be resolved quickly and easily by clearing the Bluetooth cache on your device:
- First, switch on your OnePlus mobile.
- Open ‘Applications’ and then ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘App Manager’ and select ‘Bluetooth’.
- Tap to stop Bluetooth and select ‘Clear Cache’.
- Select ‘OK’ and close the menu.
- Restart your OnePlus device.
OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and OnePlus 7T
If you have the latest OnePlus 7 model mobile, including 7 Pro and 7T, clearing Bluetooth cache is slightly different than on the OnePlus 6 model.
It is, however, just as easy, and can be done following these simple steps:
- Switch on your OnePlus mobile and head to ‘Settings’.
- Next, go to ‘Application Manager’, then ‘System Apps’.
- Here, you can select ‘Bluetooth’.
- Navigate to ‘Storage’ and select ‘Clear Cache and Data’.
- Once completed, exit the menu and restart your OnePlus device.
Clear Bluetooth Cache on Samsung S9 for Better Connectivity
OnePlus Android smartphones aren’t the only mobile device that can benefit from clearing Bluetooth cache.
In fact, the same can be said for the Samsung Galaxy S9. Regular clearing of the Bluetooth cache on this device can provide a better connection and improved performance in connectivity.
To clear the Bluetooth Cache on your Samsung S9 smartphone you need to:
- Go to the Samsung S9 home screen and select ‘Settings’.
- Next, scroll down to ‘Apps’.
- Select the menu (…) and then, ‘Show System Apps’.
- Here, you should select ‘Bluetooth’ from the list.
- Tap ‘Clear Cache’ and wait for it to complete.
Bluetooth connectivity is often a feature on our smart devices that we pay little attention to – possibly because we use it for so many different connections throughout day to day life.
But this feature can easily become slow and groggy when in use, causing a delay in our response times when using other devices such as Alexa or smart speakers. So, clearing the Bluetooth cache on your smart devices can speed up performance and give you better results.
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments!
Are you still having issues with your OnePlus mobile? You can get in touch with the Digi Helpdesk Team who are always happy to help with your tech issues.