With the rise in popularity of the Amazon Firestick, we’ve written a guide on how to pair your remote with your stick.
In most cases, when you first turn on the remote it should automatically pair with your Fire TV Stick. However, occasionally it may fail to sync, lose connection, or become unresponsive.
In this guide we will discuss re-syncing an unresponsive Fire TV Stick remote, pairing a new remote, and utilizing your phone as an alternative remote.
Steps to Pair Your Firestick Remote:
For the Standard Remote:
- Check the Basics: Ensure the batteries are properly inserted and the remote has power.
- Proximity: Bring the remote within 10 feet (3 m) of the Firestick device.
- Wait for Connection: Often, the remote automatically pairs during setup. If not, press and hold the home button for about 10 seconds. This should initiate the pairing process.
For the Voice Remote:
- Similar check: Confirm the batteries are correctly inserted and the remote has power.
- Voice Remote Pairing: Hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds to initiate the pairing process.
- Follow On-Screen Prompts: Your TV screen will guide you through the pairing process.
Pairing a Replacement Remote:
If you’ve acquired a new remote or a replacement, the pairing process remains quick & easy:
- Locate Settings on your Fire TV
- Tap Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Tap and Hold the Home button for 10 seconds to pair your replacement remote.
Using Your Phone as a Remote:
Did you know you can use your smartphone as a Firestick remote? Here’s how:
- Download the App: Install the “Amazon Fire TV” app from your phone’s app store.
- Connect to the Same Network: Ensure both your phone and Firestick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Follow the App Instructions: Open the app, select your Firestick device, and follow the app’s prompts to control your Firestick.
What do I do if this doesn’t work?
If you are still experiencing pairing issues, try restarting both your Firestick and TV and trying again. If it still isn’t pairing it could indicate a hardware issue.
Also, check that your batteries have power and maybe switch them out to see if it makes a difference.
If there is any possibility that the remote could be damaged then you may have no choice but to buy a replacement.