Microsoft Teams is a great resource if you have meetings with colleagues and works as an alternative to Zoom. However, Microsoft teams doesn’t come without errors. With error codes such as caa5004b appearing regularly. Although there are a few known errors for the Microsoft team, we will be looking into the error code caa5004b. If you’re unsure what this means and how to fix it, you’ve come to the right place.
What does error code caa5004b mean?
This error code is used when you are experiencing sign-in issues. A common issue that can occur when you are trying to sign in is accessing the organisation. Sometimes this happens if the domain is wrong or you can’t sign in. However, this also can happen if you do not have access to a particular organisation, e.g. your account has not been set up correctly. We firstly recommend trying to contact the administrator for the group. They can check access has been set up correctly for you.
If this has been set up correctly or if you were able to gain access previously, ask the admin to remove you from the team, then reinvite you and see if this fixes the error. But if you are still getting the same error, here is a step by step guide on how to fix this error code.
How do I fix Microsoft Teams error code caa5004b
Method 1 to fix caa5004b
- Into the search bar of Windows, type settings
- Go to accounts > access work or school
- Disconnect your organisation email, e.g. work email
- Click yes on the pop-up, then allow 2-3 minutes for the account to be disconnected
- Next click connect (like the first time you logged in), then type in your email address
- Once you’ve done this, you should be able to restart teams, and it should work
However, if method one did not solve your issue, please take a look at method 2.
Method 2 to fix Microsoft teams error code caa5004b
If the above method did not work for you, here is an alternative method that is a little bit more tricky, but it works. In this method, we will clear the cache for Teams.
- Close down Teams and make sure it is fully closed
- Search for File Explorer in the search bar > open
- Type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
- Once you are in the directory, you will see a range of different folders. Start with ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location
- The other folders you should be looking for and deleting any files are:
- Restart the team
- Next, you will need to clear Windows credentials. You do this by controlling pannel > credential manager > windows credentials > generic credentials and removing any items related to Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams.
- Sign in, and your teams should now work again.
If you’re still unable to fix this error by either of these methods, it may be a more complex issue that requires specialist technical help. To get this, please reach out to the Microsoft Team for help.
Are you having issues with Microsoft Teams freezing during meetings? Here is how to fix this error.
Teams issue login
The most common login issue is to do with credentials. Due to Teams and Microsoft 365 both being Microsoft, the login process can be confusing as they are totally different logins. If you cannot gain access after trying the correct login, please contact your IT admin for assistance.
What operating system does Microsoft teams use?
If you are trying to find out if your device is compatible with Microsoft Teams, we have a list of operating systems you can use:
- 32 bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1 or later
- ARM64 for Windows 10 on Arm
- Windows Server (2012 R2 or later)
- macOS and Linux
It is worth noting that you can also go on Microsoft teams on web browsers, with most allowing video calls straight from a web browser. Although some browsers are unable to run Teams, and others are expired. With internet explorer, Firebox and early versions of Safari not working.
Does Microsoft Teams work on Apple devices?
Microsoft Teams can be used on virtually any device, and this includes iPads, Macbook and iPhones. Similarly to Zoom and Skype, the interface may vary as it is optimised for the device you are using. However, the processes within Teams still work the same.
If you’re unsure how to install Microsoft Teams on an Apple Device, here are the steps to take to download Teams with ease.
- From the Teams download page, under Mac, click Download.
- Double click the PKG file.
- Follow the download to complete the installation.
- Teams will be installed to /Applications folder. It is a machine-wide installation.
However, if you are currently using a DMG version of Teams and want to use PKG, you need to uninstall the existing app before downloading and installing the PKG file.
If you’re having another issue with Microsoft Teams we have a variety of other help, which you can access here.