As technology develops, it makes our lives a little easier.
There are some features that are added to devices that we use but hardly appreciate.
Let’s face it, we only really begin to appreciate these features when they don’t work.
One of those features is the ‘Cast’ icon that gives us the ability to display videos from our mobiles to our televisions as a result.
If you notice that the Chromecast icon is missing on your Android device, we find out to fix it in five steps.
Where is the Chromecast button?
The Chromecast button is usually located at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
It looks a lot like a Wi-Fi signal but angled to the right within a rectangular outline.
The Chromecast icon should display when you open an app that is able to cast a video from your Andriod device to your TV screen.
You will need to turn the icon ON (highlighted) to start casting.
Notice the Chromecast icon missing on Android? Fix in five steps
It becomes very frustrating when you have been able to cast videos to your TV in the past, only to find that the Chromecast icon is now missing.
When this happens there are five things you can do to get it fixed:
- Make sure your device (phone/tablet) is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Depending on your device, select or double-tap the button to show ‘all open apps’ and close down the app you are trying to cast with. Then re-open the app.
- Unplug the power to your internet router from the mains, wait for ten seconds, then plug back in. Wait for it to connect and make sure both devices are connected.
- Reboot your Chromecast, unplug the power from the mains, wait ten seconds and plug it in again.
- If the icon still hasn’t appeared, completely reset your Chromecast and then reconnect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Meet the all-new Echo Dot
The most popular Echo is now even BETTER..
How do I completely reset my Chromecast?
To completely reset your Chromecast, please carry out the following steps.
- Make sure the Chromecast is powered on using the power cable.
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Locate the button on the side of the Chromecast device and hold it down.
- Hold it down for up to twenty-five seconds or until the light starts flashing.
- Keep holding until the light starts flashing white, wait until it stops flashing then release.
- The Chromecast will begin the reboot sequence.
Once the reset is complete, connect the Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network. Also, connect the phone or tablet you’re using to cast to the same Wi-Fi network.
You should now be able to cast and go back to watching your favourite videos on your television.