If you have a Snapchat connection error on your iPhone, you’ve landed in the right place. In this article, we’ll run you through some fixes that can let you log back into your Snapchat app.
With over 290 million regular users, Snapchat is a very popular app for iOS and Android devices for picture and short video sharing. However, you may run into some logging errors such as a connection error on your iPhone.
What does connection error mean on Snapchat?
When users try to log in to the Snapchat chat, they receive the following error.
“Could Not Connect. Please check your connection and try again”
The error pops up due to various reasons such as:
- Internet connectivity issues
- Invalid login credentials
- Unauthorized third-party plugins and apps
- Corrupted Snapchat app
- Use of a VPN
- Snapchat network access is set to Off
- Deactivated or locked Snapchat account
How Do I Fix Snapchat Connection Error?
Now that you know what the Snapchat connection error is, let’s take a look at a few methods to fix the error.
Restart The Snapchat App
Sometimes, temporary bugs in the Snapchat app cause a few errors that can block you from logging in to your account. To fix this issue, restart the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
To do this, swipe upwards from the bottom of your iPhone screen to view the app switcher. Afterwards, swipe the Snapchat app upwards until it is removed from the list.
Next, tap on the Snapchat app and try to log in again and see if that fixes the issue.
Clear Snapchat App Cache
The Snapchat app cache temporarily stores data on your iPhone so that the app can function faster. Over time, this temporary data accumulates and it gets harder for the app to load itself quicker. The extra loading time results in the connection error. To fix this reason:
- Tap on your profile on the Snapchat app
- Tap on the Settings button to go to Snapchat app settings
- Select Clear all to delete the app cache
Reinstall The Snapchat App
Quite often, the Snapchat installation files get corrupted. Whenever you try to load the Snapchat app, the corrupted files interfere with the login process and initiate a connection error. To fix this, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, locate Snapchat on your home screen
- Tap and hold the Snapchat app icon
- Tap on Remove app from the popup menu
- Now head over to the App Store and search for Snapchat
- Install the app and verify that the login connection error is fixed
Check Internet Connectivity Issues
Snapchat connection errors are mostly related to internet speed. If your WIFI connection is running slow. The Snapchat login request times out and it displays the connection error.
Therefore, you need to run a speed test for your network connection. if the results are below satisfactory, you may need to restart your router. To do this:
- Detach the power cable from the back of your Hub or router
- Wait for 1 minute
- Plug the power cable back in and restart the router
- Run the speed test again and see if you get satisfactory results
- If the results are not good, contact your internet service provider to solve the issue for you
How do you fix Snapchat error on iPhone?
Restart your iPhone
Restarting your device is the oldest trick in the book to fix all the general errors on your iPhone including the connection error. To restart your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, press and hold the side button or the volume button
- Drag the Power Off slider and wait for few seconds to let the iPhone turn off
- Again press and hold the side button to turn on your iPhone
Check Snapchat App Network Permissions
You are likely to experience connection issues on your Snapchat app if the app does not have the necessary permissions to access your network on your iPhone.
To verify the network permissions:
- Tap on your profile on the Snapchat app and go to Settings
- Scroll down to Additional Services
- Tap on Manage and then Permissions
- Make sure that the Snapchat app has the required permission to access your network
Update Your Snapchat App
Snapchat app developers continuously introduce new features. Sometimes, when an update is available and you forget to update your Snapchat app, you can experience login connection issues.
To fix this issue:
- Tap on the App store on your iPhone
- Tap on Updates to let the App Store automatically check for the updates
- Locate the Snapchat app. Tap on the update button
- Tap on the Snapchat app and see if it fixes the connection issue
Can’t connect to please check your connection Snapchat?
Turn Off Data Saver
If you are using the Snapchat app on cellular data, you may have enabled the low data mode on your iPhone. When the daily limit is reached, you can see a connection error when you try to log in to your Snapchat account. To disable the low data mode on your iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Go to Cellular data options –> Data Mode
- Turn the low data mode off by moving the slider from on to off
Uninstall Third-Party Apps
If you have installed any third-party app from the App Store, your Snapchat app could create a conflict and show a connection error. Therefore, uninstall the apps in the reverse order one by one and try to log back into the Snapchat app to check which app is causing the error.
Switch Network Connections
If you are using a WIFI connection to access the Snapchat app on your iPhone, try to switch it to cellular data to see if the connection error is resolved. You can also switch to WIFI if you are getting an error on cellular data.
Any of the above fixes can solve the Snapchat connection error on your iPhone. We recommend you try the basic and simple fixes first and then proceed to the complex ones. However, if the connection error persists, report the error to Snapchat by visiting your Snapchat profile and choosing “I spotted a bug”.