Communication in today’s world is essential. We do most of our communication nowadays, on our mobile phone.
Whether it’s emails, WhatsApp or simple text messages, we can connect to each other using these handheld devices very easily in the 21st century.
That is why it can be frustrating when something goes wrong with your mobile phone. However, you should not get worried as these mobile device’s issues are easy to fix.
If you are a Sony Xperia XZ owner and are facing the issue of not receiving text messages, then do not worry at all. We are here to guide you on how you can fix this problem!
Why is my Sony Xperia XZ not receiving text messages?
There are a couple of reasons behind why you might not be receiving text messages on your Sony Xperia XZ. The first reason is that you might not be getting proper network reception.
You can quickly check this by seeing the signal bars on the top right corner of the screen on your phone. The second reason could be that the storage on your phone is full. When a phone runs out of storage space, it can not receive new text messages.
How to solve Sony Xperia XZ not receiving texts
The fix for this problem is quite straightforward. Simply follow the steps below.
- First of all, check if you are getting at least two bars of signals on your phone.
- If not, then try moving somewhere with better network reception.
- Take out your SIM card and reinsert it into your Sony Xperia XZ.
- If the network reception gets better and you start receiving text messages, then your problem is solved!
However, if the problem persists,
- Restart your phone by holding the power button for three seconds.
- Choose the restart option. This will clear your phone’s cache and solve any resolve any software glitches.
- Once the phone is powered on, check if it starts receiving text messages.
If the Xperia XZ still does not receive text messages, then the phone is running out of storage to save the text messages. You should add a micro-SD card to the phone. Now transfer some files from the internal storage to the micro-SD card to free up some space. After this, you would be all done, and the Xperia XZ would start receiving new text messages.
Sony Xperia not receiving text messages from Apple devices only?
If you recently shifted from an iPhone to the Xperia XZ, you might be facing this problem.
If your Sony Xperia XZ is not receiving text messages only from Apple devices such as the iPhone, then it means that you have your iMessages turned on.
To solve this issue, you need to go to this Apple link and turn off iMessages for your phone number. Once you do that, you will be able to receive text messages from Apple device users.