Humax first emerged in 1989 in South Korea. Today the electronics company manufactures set-top boxes and digital TV recorders. They supply these boxes to more than 90 countries across the world.
During 2006, Humax was part of the UK’s digital switchover trials as well as the Freesat digital TV service and Freeview HD services. This switchover has enabled millions throughout the UK to enjoy subscription-free TV.
If you are having Humax Freeview tuning problems, worry no more as we take a look at what you need to do.
What channels are on Humax Freeview?
Ninety-five per cent of the UK enjoy TV channels for free and don’t need to pay monthly subscription fees.
Humax passed the five million sales mark in January 2019 which is, quite clearly, an impressive result.
Freeview Play services are widely popular throughout the UK. Enjoy watching 70 SD TV channels, 15 HD TV channels, and about 25 radio stations with Humax Freeview.
As well as the regular live TV channel, you’ll also get the popular catch-up channels BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and more.
Having Humax Freeview tuning problems? Here’s what to do
The following steps will guide you through tuning your Humax Freeview Recorder.
- Press the Freeview Play or Home button on your remote control.
- On the screen, on the top right, select the Settings menu.
- Go down to the Channel Settings option.
- Go across and down to Automatic Channel Search, press Select on your remote.
- You will see a pop-up message on the screen “Do you want to search for new channels? Select…”
- For a full retune select Default.
- Allow your box to retune for a few minutes and once it reaches 100% select Save.
Your programs should now be successfully tuned and ready to watch.
It is a good idea to retune your box every month just to make sure you are getting the most out of it.
Remember that you should not retune during bad weather conditions as you will not get a good signal.
— SEENIT (@seenituk) March 24, 2020
How do I install a Humax set-top box?
First, make sure you have all the parts. A set-top box, remote control, HDMI cable, power cable, and satellite cables.
Once you have all the bits, please follow these steps:
- Plug the satellite cables (x2 usually) into the satellite ports on the back of the box.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI slot on the box and into the corresponding port on the TV.
- Insert the power cord into the power port of the box and into the mains socket.
- Turn on your TV with your TV remote control.
- Turn on your Humax with your set-top box remote control.
- Make sure your TV is on the correct input setting. Press the Input or Source button on your TV remote control until your Freeview programs show.
Once your box is set up you may need to give it a retune to get all your channels.
It is always a good idea to speak to some who knows how to set up the box correctly rather than doing it yourself. You can get help from our support service here.