With Netflix being the world’s largest streaming service, you’d expect the errors on their side to be minimal, However, this isn’t always the case.
More recently, the rise of the nses-404 error and the lack of information provided on the Netflix help section, Has seen more people wondering what it actually means and how to fix it.
So what let’s see what happens when you get the error code nses-400 and more importantly how to fix it.
Netflix error code nses-404 what does it mean?
Similarly to any 404 code, the page cannot be found. There are two main reasons on Netflix why you may get this error. These are:
- Trying to access country-restricted content
- The show you are trying to watch is no longer on Netflix
If you’re using a VPN and watching content from another country, if the VPN goes down or isn’t connected to Netflix properly, you will be blocked from watching that content. Even if you attempt to search Netflix.com / USA, you will be greeted with an error page. This is a more common error with users who watch Netflix on desktops/laptops.
The error page reads, Lost on your way? Sorry, we can’t find that page. You’ll find lots to explore on the home page’ with the error code NSES-404 shown underneath.
The page advises you to use the home page button in the center of the page, which returns you to your country’s login page. Attempt to login via your countries page with your login and see if the issue is due to the library you are trying to access not being available in your country.
How to fix error code nses-404
If you’re looking to fix the error code nses-404, here are some ways to get this resolved:
If you are using a VPN:
- Disconnect from your VPN and then reconnect again
- Use a different web browser as existing settings may stop your VPN from working correctly
- If you are using chrome, input the following into the search bar chrome://extensions/ and then restart your browser.
- Try a different device to see if the error is with your current device or VPN – if it appears to be an issue with your VPN, disconnect, close your VPN down and then open it again and load it in a different location, e.g. a different state.
- You may sometimes be given this error on Netflix when the servers are overloaded, so try to connect to a different country/location when using your VPN.
- If you are using a VPN via a Smart TV, make sure your device is up to date.
Error code Netflix H404 Windows 10
The error code H404 is completely different from the nses 404 error related to the Netflix app being outdated on Windows. You can fix this by doing the following steps-
- Go to the taskbar and search store, then click the user icon next to the search bar.
- Following on from this select user icon next to the search box
- Select downloads or updates > check for updates
- Select the down arrow on the right of the page to download the update
- The app will now download for you and be updated.
If you’re looking for another way around this, you can uninstall and then reinstall Netflix, which should fix the issue.
Netflix error NW-6-404
Another 404 error typically relates to the information on your device needing to be refreshed. It is most commonly seen on Smart TV’s, Roku and Android TV. Although it can be seen on other devices, it is a lot less likely. If you have a specific device and want help fixing it, here are some step by step instructions on how to refresh the information stored on your device.
Nw-6-404 on Roku
- Unplug your Roku from your TV for at least 10 seconds
- Plug it back in > turn it on by clicking any button your remote
- Wait 1 minute, then try Netflix again
Error on Smart tv
- If you are getting this error on a smart TV, click on the error screen, then click more details
- Next, select reload Netflix
- Once the app reloads, try again to access Netflix
Android tv NW 6-404 error
In terms of this error on Android, make sure you have installed the Netflix app from the Google Play Store. If you cannot locate Netflix in your Android TV’s Google Play Store, your device is not compatible with Netflix. In this case, using a 3rd party device such as an Amazon Firestick or Roku is a great way to access Netflix.
Suppose you have another device, Netflix, such as a PlayStation or Xbox and are getting this error. Netflix asks for you to contact them via their customer service so they can investigate it further.