Xbox Series X offers a wide range of games and services that you can update over time. However, if Xbox Series X keeps stopping installation, there might be errors in the Xbox that you have not detected.
Xbox hosts multiple games simultaneously and has excellent sound and visual quality. Players can enjoy the gaming experience with widescreen monitors and indulge in high-tech action sequences. Adding a new game to a console makes the experience even more exciting.
Microsoft offers backward compatible games on the Xbox console, and it has a total of 343 games on the console. If you have trouble downloading and your Xbox Series X keeps stopping installation, we have outlined all the major problems you might face.
Why Does Xbox Series X Keeps Stopping Installation?
Xbox Series X keeps stopping installation because there might be underlying issues in your console. If you download games from the internet and not the disc, your games might get corrupted. Another reason for blocked installations is that the Xbox updates its games regularly and can interfere with downloading. Here are a few solutions that can help you install new games without stopping in the middle.
Clear Locally Saved Games
When you have a backup of locally saved games, it fills up the space on your hard drive. The locally saved games update regularly. The installation will stop if your Xbox is being updated while you try to download a new game. Follow the instructions below to fix the issue:
- Remove the disc from the console.
- Hold the “Xbox” button on the controller to open the “Guide” menu.
- Go to “Profile & Systems”.
- Click on “Settings”
- Navigate to “Systems”
- Click on “Storage Devices”
Once you reach the “Storage Devices” option, follow these steps:
- Click on “Clear Local Saved Games”
- This option will delete only the locally saved data, and your games will remain saved in the console.
- Confirm it by clicking on “yes”.
- Go back to the home screen and try to install the game again.
Cancel The Download By Going Offline
When the download process pauses in the middle, it is challenging to continue playing on your Xbox. Make sure you turn off your Xbox before you start installing another game. If your Xbox Series X keeps stopping Installation, you can’t continue the same download process. To clear your download history, you have to go offline. Here are a few steps you can follow to cancel the download and start afresh:
- Go to the home page.
- Push the Xbox button to open the “Guide” menu.
- Go to the “Systems” option in the Guide.
- Select “All Settings” in the Systems.
- Go to “Network Settings” and scroll down.
- Click on “offline”
Once the console is off, you need to remove the game from the list of downloads.
- Go to the home screen.
- Click on “My Games And Apps”
- Choose “Queue” from the options.
- Select the game you want to remove from the console.
- Push the “Menu” button on the controller.
- You will see a “Cancel” tab.
- You will remove click Cancel and the game.
- Remove the Game disc from the console.
After removing the game disc from your console, you must restart the console.
- Go to the “Guide” menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose the “Restart Console” option.
- Confirm “Yes” to restart your console and try to download the game again.
When the console restarts, try to download the game again. If you can download it quickly, then your problem is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
Power Cycle Your Console
If your game has stopped downloading, you can power cycle your console if it’s frozen. Follow the given guidelines to restart your console:
- Hold the Xbox button on your console for ten seconds.
- The Xbox will turn off.
- Press the Xbox button again using your console or the Xbox controller.
- The Xbox will turn on.
- Try to install the game and see if it works.
Reconnect The Console
If the power cycle option doesn’t work, try reconnecting the Xbox to get the desired result. Here is the process:
- Click and hold the Xbox button to disconnect the console for ten seconds.
- Unplug the power cable from the power supply.
- Keep the console disconnected for ten seconds.
- Plugin the power cable.
- Press and hold the “Xbox” button to reconnect it.
- Check to see if you can install the game.
If the installation stops, try the next solution.
Reset The Console
When corrupt files are in your console, it can hinder the installation process. If you want to clear out your hard drive of malware, you can do a factory reset. Follow these steps:
- Hold the Xbox button.
- Go to the “Guide” menu.
- Click on “Profile & System”
- In the next step, select “Settings”
- Choose “System” in the settings menu.
- Scroll to “Console Info” in the system.
- You will find “Reset Console”
When you reach the “Reset Console” tab, the Xbox will give you two options:
- Reset And Remove Everything
This option will remove everything from your console. You will have a completely clean console as all of your accounts, games, apps, Xbox associations, and Xbox will remove saved settings. If you want to keep your games intact, avoid this option at all costs.
- Reset And Keep My Games & Apps
This option will remove the malware and Operating System from your console. All the games and data will remain intact. Always choose this option when resetting your console.
Xbox Series X hosts a treasure of games. However, if you get bored of playing the same game over and over again, you can install the latest games on your Xbox. Before you get too excited and try to download all the new games, check the current storage on your Xbox series X and then proceed. If you have the proper storage capacity, try the solutions we have outlined. If the installation stopping error persists, contact Xbox Support for further assistance.