Do you need to cast from Samsung phone to Vizio TV but are facing issues when doing so? Are your phone applications causing trouble while casting to TV? Don’t worry; it’s a common issue experienced by numerous users.
Screencasting is the process of streaming your phone’s screen onto another device, such as TV, so that you can view content from your phone on TV. However, you can’t see the content from both devices simultaneously — it is only visible to the device receiving the signal.
While this appears to be a straightforward process, some problems could prevent a good experience. However, some excellent solutions could solve these problems to ensure you get the best casting experience possible.
Can I Cast My Phone to My Vizio TV
With the introduction of Smart TVs, it has become common to use various TV applications, including screen casting. Therefore, you can cast from Samsung phone to Vizio TV, but make sure your phone is Android 4.4.2 or higher. Also, your Vizio TV needs to be a smart TV or have smart tv features. Since 2018, Vizio has been adding its SmartCast OS to all TV models.
The SmartCast operating system allows you to stream content from all of your favourite apps and services, including Netflix, YouTube and more, onto the TV screen. Once the Vizio SmartCast Mobile app is installed on your Samsung phone, you can access programs you can cast on your Vizio TV.
Many users get confused when they hear the terms SmartCast and Chromecast. If your Vizio TV is equipped with SmartCast, it must have the features of Chromecast. In other words, Vizio TVs with SmartCast have a built-in Chromecast technology. These technologies combine to provide users with the best Smart TV experience.
How Do I Cast to My Vizio TV
Casting your phone to Vizio TV is simple and easy. Go through the following steps to connect and cast from Samsung phone to Vizio TV:
- First of all, you need to check whether your phone and Vizio TV are connected to the same WiFi network. You can also go for the Bluetooth option.
- Download and install the Vizio SmartCast Mobile application from the Google Play Store.
- Sign up if you don’t have an account.
- Once started, tap on the toolbar and select the new device you need to configure.
- Next, you will see a list of available Vizio SmartCast devices in your home. Tap on your TV name (Vizio TV) and select Start.
- You will be asked to confirm your pairing. A four-digit code will be displayed on your Vizio TV screen. Type that code on your phone to connect your phone to Vizio TV.
To cast the screen of your Samsung phone to Vizio TV, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Look out for the cast, screencast, screen share, or wireless display options. You will find different options on different devices.
- Select your option, and your device will start searching for the nearby devices it can pair.
- You will find a list of devices. Select Vizio Smart TV from the list to pair your Samsung phone to TV.
How Do I Fix the Cast on My Vizio TV
If you are unable to cast from Samsung Phone to Vizio TV, here are the possible solutions to fix the problem:
Rebooting both the devices (Vizio TV and Samsung phone) should be the first thing to do if you cannot share your phone’s screen with Vizio TV. First, turn off your phone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it on.
To power cycle the Vizio TV, you should:
- Press the Menu button on your remote
- Select System and go to Reset & Admin
- Select Soft Power Cycle to restart your Vizio TV
You can also reboot your router and modem. Sometimes, restarting the router fixes the communication issues.
Cast from a different phone
If your Samsung phone cannot cast, you can use another phone to start casting. This will make sure that your previous phone was causing the problem. Also, sometimes, specific applications fail to cast from phones to Smart TVs. If this is the case, try casting another application to check if it works.
Update the application
An outdated application can also cause casting issues. Make sure the application you are casting is up to date by following these steps.
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Tap on the three-horizontal lines available on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select My apps & games.
- Tap on Updates and look out for the application you need to cast.
- Select the Update button next to that app.
Update the firmware of your Vizio TV
If the SmartCast is not working, try to update the firmware of your Vizio TV. Although firmware updates are installed automatically; however, sometimes they get missed. To update your TV’s firmware, follow the below steps:
- On your remote, press the Menu button.
- A window of TV Settings will appear on the screen.
- Select System and then choose Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, your TV will start installing it automatically.
Factory reset your Vizio TV
If you are still dealing with SmartCast issues, factory reset your TV. This will erase all your settings, and you will need to redo all the settings. To do this, follow these steps to factory reset your TV:
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
- Select System and open Reset & Admin
- Choose the Reset TV to Factory Settings option.
- Your TV will start the process automatically.
- Once completed, it will restart.
Casting from a Samsung phone to Vizio TV is quite easy. However, casting is not foolproof, and you should be mentally prepared to encounter issues. The solutions mentioned above should help resolve casting problems with your Samsung-Vizio combination. Hopefully, you can now stream photos, videos, music, and favourite apps on your Vizio TV.